Roasted with chili powder and cumin then tossed with cilantro and lime juice, these carrots make a perfect side for a roast chicken or pork!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10-12 medium carrots, cut into 1/4" diagonal slices
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450ºF.
- Combine oil, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring once, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss the carrots with cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
CALORIES: 161.8 | FAT: 8g | PROTEIN: 2g | CARBS: 23g | FIBER: 7g