Roasted with chili powder and cumin then tossed with cilantro and lime juice, these carrots are bursting with zesty flavor. Serve them with simple roast chicken or pork.
Feeling the summer vibes? Try preparing these on the barbecue – you won’t be disappointed!
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Servings: 4-6
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds carrots (10-12 medium)
- Cut in half length-wise to shorten the cook time
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. If using the oven, position the rack in lower third of oven; pre-heat to 450ºF. If using the barbecue, use medium-high heat.
2. Combine oil, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat.
3. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring once, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. If using the barbecue, rotate the carrots every 5-8 minutes and brush with the oil mixture each time you rotate.
3. Remove carrots from heat once fully cooked, then toss them with cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
CALORIES: 161.8 | FAT: 8g | PROTEIN: 2g | CARBS: 23g | FIBER: 7g