Simple Quinoa Recipe4 LikesLike
This super-grain contains essential vitamins, minerals, fat, fiber, and protein.
Pair this recipe with vegetables and a lean protein to make any lunch or dinner delicious and nutritious!
Makes: 5 servings
Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 ½ cup vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 2 ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 onion finely chopped (or green onion)
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa with water using a strainer.
- Place coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat and simmer.
- Add quinoa and toast, stirring occasionally until lightly browned (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Add garlic, parsley, thyme, onion, and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.