Quinoa Stir-fry1 LikeLike
Replace your white rice with a whole-grain that is packed with fiber, protein, and iron. This simple stir-fry is quick and tastes great.
Have it for dinner and bring left-overs the next day for lunch. Refrigerated, quinoa stays fresh for up to 5 days! Serve it as a side or add chicken, fish, or tofu to make it a main dish.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ¼ head of broccoli
- ¼ head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Rinse quinoa a few times in cold water.
- Bring quinoa and water or chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan, and then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and cooked through.
- While quinoa is cooking, steam carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Mix teriyaki and soy sauce in a small bowl and put aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon avocado oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook about two minutes.
- Add in the rest of the avocado oil and the quinoa. Stir-fry about two minutes.
- Add in the steamed vegetables and sauce. Stir-fry for about two minutes
- Add eggs and peas, then toss everything together until the peas are warmed through.