This recipe makes 4 servings
Time Required: 25 minutes
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 small broccoli
- 1 handful frozen peas
- 1 handful frozen edamame beans
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- ½ bunch of fresh mint
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 1 fresh red chili
- 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce (ideally low-salt/sodium)
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- Bring a pan of water to boil. Cut broccoli into florets and add to the boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and edamame beans to the water, bring back to boil, then rinse, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Trim and finely slice the spring onions. Pick and chop the mint leaves.
- Dressing: peel and finely chop the ginger, then deseed and finely slice the chilli. Place into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Finely grate in the zest from 1 lime, squeeze in about 4 tbsp of lime juice, then add the remaining dressing ingredients. Shake well.
- Combine the noodles, green vegetables and spring onions, then mix in the dressing, chopped mint and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe from Chef Jamie Oliver