Sensational Seasonal Salad0 LikesLike
Utilizing Fresh Ontario Produce
- 3 Medium Beets -Red or Yellow
- Asparagus Bunch (~ 15 stalks)
- Mixed Greens Lettuce Blend
- 1 Small Red Onion or Shallot
- 1 ½ Cups of Quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
Beets & Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash beets thoroughly. Cut into 1-inch cubes and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Clean and chop Asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Place on a separate baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake the beets for 30 minutes, or until soft. Bake the Asparagus for 15-20 minutes, turning once.
- Place 1 ½ cups of rinsed quinoa into 3 cups of water, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer until soft. Let cool and fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard, and 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Start with a bed of the mixed greens lettuce blend (about 5 cups).
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the cooked asparagus, diced red onion and ¾ of the vinaigrette. Place mixture on top of the bed of mixed greens.
- Top salad with the cooked beets and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Fresh in Ontario in June & July
Asparagus Onion Mixed Greens Lettuce Beets