Not sure what to do with the seeds from the pumpkin you carved?
Roast and eat them! There are a variety of seasonings you can use to add flavour to your seeds.
Give this recipe a try!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- Scoop seeds out from the inside of the pumpkin. Try to remove as much of the pumpkin off the seeds, place in a large pot or bowl of water to clean them.
- Scoop the seeds out of the water and pat try with paper towel.
- Seasoning time! Add your favourite seasonings – salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees celcius. Place pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and bake. Stir occasionally and cook for 25 – 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Enjoy the pumpkin seeds as a snack, or try adding them to your salad for some added flavour and nutrition!
Here are some more ways to incorporate pumpkin seeds into your meals!
Garnish on Soups Salads Smoothie Garnish on Cereal or Yogurt Parfait Homemade
Pumpkin Seed Butter Make your own Trail Mix