Magna Mo Bro Dylan Brennan works as a Health Promotion Coordinator for Magna International. He travels to Magna divisions across the greater Toronto area educating and promoting health.
Dylan is a 10-year Mo Bro as he has been raising awareness and funds, and growing Moustaches for Movember over the past ten years! The Movember campaign is a very meaningful one for him. Both his father and his uncle have successfully battled prostate cancer and his cousin died by suicide two years ago. For Dylan, these men’s health issues really strike close to home.
As you may know, Movember is the leading charity changing the face of men’s health by supporting men’s health research and changing the way health services are accessed by men. The Movember foundation has funded more than 1250 men’s health projects since it was founded in 2003. They focus on the top three men’s health issues which are Prostate Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
With the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas around the world, Movmeber is
- Preventing suicide in men – focusing on early intervention for mental health problems
- Improving quality of life – for men living with or recovering from prostate and testicular cancer
- Helping men take action – educating and increasing awareness about men’s health issues and risks
- Teaming up with great minds – bringing together the best researchers and experts from around the world
- Raising funds – to support health research and men’s health projects
Dylan hopes that the increased awareness and fundraising for men’s health through the Movember campaign will reduce the number of men dying prematurely and help prevent many of the issues seen today in the health of men.