Wondering how to put the 'tasty' back in your Turkey leftovers? Spice up your turkey with this simple, flavor-packed chili using fire-roasted tomatoes for an extra layer of toasty flavor. Try it ladled over mashed potatoes or rice!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin, 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 400g of ground turkey meat
- 800g or 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 600g of canned pinto beans
- Leftover cooked rice or mashed potatoes for serving
- Wash, cut and dry all vegetables.
- In a large pot, heat oil and cook the ground turkey, breaking up the meat until no longer pink.
- Add and toss the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic for 6 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth as you bring the chili to a simmer on medium-low and cook, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add pinto beans to the pot with 1/4 cup of reserved bean liquid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls of potatoes or rice.