Stuffed Sweet Potatoes2 LikesLike
Make this easy stuffed sweet potato recipe that the whole family will love.
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 60 minutes, Serves: 4
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 600g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- Cubed Avocado
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes, or until a fork can easily be inserted.
- 10 minutes before the sweet potatoes are ready, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, saute onions, green pepper, and spices for 3-5 minutes. Add the can of drained and rinsed black beans, and lime juice, cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the tomatoes and set aside.
- Remove the sweet potatoes and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut open and shred the potato so the inside resembles mashed potatoes.
- Divide the black bean mixture among the sweet potatoes.
- Serve, add toppings and enjoy!