Nothing says soup season like a Canadian winter storm. Even if you aren't currently experiencing the cold of winter, this wild rice chicken soup recipe is delicious, nutritious, and won't disappoint!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, finely diced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high. Cook onion and garlic until slightly softened. Add carrots, celery, and poultry seasoning. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except wild rice. Let simmer 15 minutes.
- Add rice and continue cooking uncovered for about 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Tip: make it vegetarian—swap the chicken broth for vegetable broth and skip the chicken.