We live in a world with many harmful chemicals. These chemicals are present in our homes, workplaces, restaurants and many other public places! Although we cannot control some of the chemicals in our environment, we can do our best to avoid them. This includes:
- Educating ourselves on the toxins found in the types of products we use in our home and work environment.
- Reducing our exposure to toxins by swapping out harmful products with safer ones.
- Increase physical activity to help the body eliminate harmful toxins.
- Consume foods that support the detoxification process.
What we eat is a big contributor to the chemicals put into our bodies. Try these produce tips to help decrease your exposure to harmful toxins and increase your ability to fight off toxins.
- When possible eat organic produce.
- Wash all produce before eating, peeling or cooking.
- EAT fruits and vegetables on the Clean Fifteen list. According to Environmental Working Group these foods contain a smaller amount of pesticides.
- AVOID foods on the Dirty Dozen. These foods contain the highest level of pesticides.
- Nutrients that help the body detox include: B vitamins, Glutathione, CoQ10, Antioxidants, Zinc
Start your morning off with a detox. Drink water with lemon every morning to help the body detox. Lemon water helps with acid digestion, it has antioxidant properties and helps the body produce collagen, works as a natural diuretic, hydrates the lymphatic system, and helps to boost immunity.