This stress reduction and relaxation technique has many health benefits including:
- Better Sleep
- Reduced Stress
- Lower Blood pressure
- Increase your immune response
There are different types of meditation that can be used to help you meditate. Some of the most common tools used during meditation include:
- Focused Attention: attention and concentration are very important for meditation because this helps to free your mind of stress and worry.
- Relaxed breathing: the purpose of this technique is to slow your breathing to allow your body to take in more oxygen and increase the efficiency of breathing.
- Quiet Sitting: when beginning meditation is suggested to create a non-distracting environment, however as you get more skilled you might be able to mediate anywhere.
- Comfortable Position: use this technique to ensure your get the most out of your meditation practice. Make time for yourself and meditate today!
As an old Zen saying goes:
“You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day, unless you’re too busy then you should sit for an hour.”