How to Choose a Cooking Oil0 LikesLike
Olive oil? Avocado oil? Coconut oil? Follow this guide to find out which oils are best for frying, baking, or using as a dressing.
High temperature cooking such as searing, browning, or frying
- Avocado oil (high in Omega 9s and Vitamin E) - up to 520 degrees F
- Rice-bran oil - up to 495 degrees F
Mid-temperature cooking such as baking
- Organic Coconut oil - up to 350 degrees F
- Hemp seed oil - up to 330 degrees F
Use as a dressing, or in dips.
- Unrefined walnut oil - up to 320 degrees F
- Extra virgin olive oil (high in Omega 9s) - up to 320 degrees F
- Unrefined flax seed oil (high in Omega 3s) - up to 225 degrees F
*Whenever possible use organic, unrefined, cold-pressed oils