1. Ginger is used to treat an upset stomach, nausea and vomiting
2. Ginger can provide relief to painful stomach cramps
3. Ginger is used to treat a cough, cold and congestion
4. The medical form of ginger, known as ‘Jamaica Ginger’, is recommended for those who suffer from gall stones.
5. Ginger can rejuvenate your skin. Just Mix Epsom salt, lime juice and chopped ginger together. Microwave until warm and gently apply mix to your skin.
6. Ginger lowers cholesterol in the blood.
Make Your Own Ginger Tea:
4 cups water
2-inch piece of fresh ginger root
Optional: honey and lemon slice
Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices.
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
Once it is boiling, add the ginger.
Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste.