Treat your congestion and stimulate your immune system with the cold sock treatment. This simple technique sends your immune system into hyper-drive and is effective for relieving colds, the flu (except “stomach flu”), earaches, sore throats, and sinus infections.
The only materials you will need are a pair of thin cotton socks (90% cotton) and a pair of wool socks (90% wool)
- Thoroughly wet the cotton socks with cold water.
- Wring out excess water leaving the socks damp.
- Put your feet into a bowl or bathtub of hot water (not burning) to warm up your feet. Soak them for a few minutes until they are hot and pink.
- Remove your feet from the hot water, quickly dry them, and put the thin cotton socks on followed by the dry wool socks.
- Get into bed for the night and keep your feet COVERED for the entire night.
- When you wake up in the morning your socks will be dry. Remove them and go on with your day.