DID YOU KNOW? Pumpkin is high in fibre, there are 7.5 g of fibre in 1 cup of pumpkin puree. It is a source of beta-carotene, an antioxidant which is converted to vitamin A in the body, and it can also help with blood sugar control. In addition pumpkin contains magnesium, calcium and vitamins B, C and E.
Try this pumpkin recipe to get all of the nutrients and none of the added sugars of traditional pumpkin desserts!
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves)
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 - 2 tsps almond butter (optional)
- 2 - 3 Ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth