Makes: approximately 4 cups (or 8 servings)
• 1 cup raw almonds
• 4-5 cups water
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
• Pinch sea salt (optional)
1. Soak 1 cup of almonds in salted water overnight. This helps make the almonds easier for our bodies to digest.
2. On rising, rinse almonds with water in a strainer
3. Blend altogether 1 cup of soaked almonds with 4-5 cups of water. The less water the more creamy and rich.
4. Strain through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth into a large mason jar. Add sea salt and vanilla extract if desired and shake.
5. Refrigerate and enjoy for up one week!
Health Nut Tip: You can save the pulp of the almonds to use in baking or as almond flour. Simply put it on a cookie sheet and dehydrate in oven on lowest heat until completely dry. Run through blender or food processor to make almond flour.