Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers0 LikesLike
Instead of serving peppers in the fajitas try serving fajitas in a roasted pepper!
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 large sweet or yellow onion, sliced
- 4 roasted bell peppers or red chili peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine the rub, lime zest and juice, and the oil. Pour over the meat, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375. Place peppers on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 10 minutes, until light golden brown in color, then remove from the pan and set aside. Add chicken to the same pan and saute until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add the cooked onions, corn, beans, and tomatoes to the pan, stir and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Place one roasted pepper on a dinner plate, fill with one cup of chicken and vegetables, then top with avocado and cilantro.