Chickpea Salad with Lemon and Dill1 LikeLike
Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and fiber. Try them in this delicious salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (227 grams) diced cucumber
- 2 cups (170 grams) chopped small tomatoes
- Two 15-ounce (425 grams) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup (28 grams) crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes and the rinsed chickpeas in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey and the mustard. Season with salt and pepper then stir in the chopped dill.
- Add dressing and feta cheese to salad and toss until well mixed. Cover then refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving giving time for all the flavors to come together.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 242; Carbohydrates: 22g; Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 5g; Fat: 9g; Protein: 8g