Winter Workouts1 LikeLike
No exercise? Snow-way!
Staying active this winter is easier than you think! Use these cold winter months as an opportunity to try something new and get in shape!
- Ice skating is a great aerobic activity for people of all ages.
- Your legs will get a great workout and you will also build up your abdominal and lower back muscles as you keep your balance on the ice.
- Burning about 300 calories per hour, downhill skiing is a high-intensity exercise that helps to improve muscle strength and endurance.
- It is a lot of fun but can be pricier than most winter sports.
- Try renting your equipment your first time out on the hills to figure out if this is the right sport for you! Snowboarding Balancing on a snowboard is a great workout for your butt, legs, abs and arms.
- Look for a beginner package if you are first starting out to include a lift ticket, rental and lesson.
- Walking in the snow is a lot harder than it looks! A great exercise for your legs and heart, snow hiking is a simple and affordable option for a great winter workout.
- A combination of running and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing is one of the fastest growing winter sports!
- Snowshoeing provides a great aerobic workout, burning 360-860 calories per hour.