Cauliflower Rice0 LikesLike
Substituting rice for cauliflower is a great way to eat more vegetables, add volume without calories, and bulk up dense dishes without adding carbs.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Small nob fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Take one head of cauliflower, remove the tough center stem but keep the tiny floret stems. Pulse in a food processor until grainy in texture like rice. This can also be achieved using a hand-held grater.
- Set the cauliflower rice aside. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, combine the chopped onion, ginger, cardamom, turmeric, paprika, salt and coconut oil.
- When the onions begin to turn translucent and the house begins to smell like heaven, add the cauliflower rice to the pot.
- Fold until evenly combined. Add 1/3 cup of water, mix, and then cover the pot with a lid. Turn the heat down to low and let steam for approximately 5 minutes. The cauliflower will cook just enough to lose its crunchiness but still retain a bite.
- Serve with a garnish of paprika and enjoy!