Prep time: 60 min Ready: 10 min
1 (15 ounce) can no-salt added chickpeas, rinsed
8 ounces roasted beets, coarsely chopped and patted dry
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
1. Set oven to 375 degrees F
2. Lightly coat beets with Olive Oil
3. Wrap beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet and let cook for 40-60 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Let cool for 10 minutes
1. Combine chickpeas, beets, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt in a food processor or blender.
2. Puree until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Serve with vegetables, veggie chips, pita chips or crudités.