Roasted Chickpea Quinoa Salad0 LikesLike
This Greek inspired salad is easy to make and packed full of protein. It is a great lunch option as you can make it ahead of time and the flavours only get better with time!
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas
- Spice mix:1 tsp each - garlic powder, cumin, paprika, chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package. Let cool.
- Drain, rinse and pat dry the chickpeas.
- Place dry chickpeas on lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with spice mix. Make sure chickpeas are evenly coated by spice mix.
- Place chickpeas in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly crispy. Let cool.
- While chickpeas are roasting, combine quinoa, red bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives and basil in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with roasted chickpeas.
- If packing this ahead of time for lunch, keep chickpeas in a separate container at room temperature so they stay crispy.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Left overs will keep for 2-3 days.