Chances are you have most of the ingredients for this yummy recipe standing by in your pantry and fridge. This nicely spiced bowl is so fast and easy to make, you'll be whipping it up regularly for weeknights on the run.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) canola oil
- 1 ½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet orange pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. (7 mL) chili powder
- 2/3 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté tomatoes, black beans, orange pepper, garlic, cumin and chili powder, stirring often, until pepper is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa and cilantro.
- Spoon into bowls; top with sour cream.
Nutritional Information (per serving): 327 calories, 6 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 55 g carb, 13 g fibre, 6 g sugar, 16 g protein, 5 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 843 mg potassium