Over-Baked Mushroom Chips!2 LikesLike
Try this recipe for easy-to-make crispy, oven-baked chips that make a healthy and savoury snack to enjoy at home or on-the-go.
Prep Time: 45-60 minutes
Mushroom chips are an easy dairy free gluten free snack that can be oven-baked, pan fried or air fried.
- 10 ounces (300 grams) mushrooms (king oyster, cremini or baby bella)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Depending on how many chips you are making for this recipe, you many need to bake in multiple batches or use more than one tray.
- Halve the mushrooms lengthwise, and thinly slice into thin âï¿½ï¿½-inch slices.
- Arrange the slices on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Make sure the mushrooms are very dry and leave room between the arranged slices.
- Brush oil on both sides of the mushroom slices, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until the chips are golden brown and crispy. The mushroom chips will not continue to crisp if taken out of the oven too early, so be patient and try not to pull them out if they’re still kind of soft.
You may sprinkle/add some additional seasoning to add extra flavour:
- Smoked Paprika and lemon juice
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Apple cider vinegar and sea salt
- Cayenne pepper, honey, and lemon juice