Antioxidants to Protect Your Body and Your Brain0 LikesLike
Antioxidants are the water that can put out the fire on damaged cells caused by free radicals in the body. Give your body and your brain the best defense by consuming these antioxidant rich foods.
To give yourself maximum protection try eating more foods high in each antioxidant, or add an antioxidant supplement to your diet.
- Beta carotene: carrots, sweet potatoes, dried apricotes, squash, watercress
- Vitamin C: broccoli, peppers, kiwi, berries, tomatoes, citrus fruit
- Vitamin E: seeds and their cold-pressed oils, wheatgerm, nuts, beans, fish
- Selenium, oysters, Brazil nuts, seeds, molasses, tuna, mushrooms
- Glutathione: tuna, legumes, nuts seeds, garlic, onions
- Anthocyanidins: berries, cherries, red grapes, beets, prunes
- Lipoic acid: red meat, potatoes, carrots, yams, beets, spinach
- Co-enzyme Q: sardines, mackerel, nuts, seeds, soy