• 2lbs (1kg) boneless sockeye salmon fillet
• 3 tablespoons (45mL) of avocado oil or sesame oil
• ¼ tsp (1mL) black pepper
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 2 oranges, thinly sliced
• 6 sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary
• 2 tablespoons (30mL) chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons (30mL) chopped dill
Directions (Prep 5min / Cook 15-20min)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Place salmon with skin-side down on a rimmed 13 x 18 -inch (33 x 48 cm) baking sheet. Drizzle some avocado or sesame oil. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Spread citrus lemon slices, orange slices and thyme over the fish. It’s okay if some slices go on the pan.
3. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until fish becomes darker and breaks apart easily with a fork. When finished, remove the thyme sprigs and garnish with parsley and dill. Serve fish with citrus slices. Accompany with steamed brown rice, wild rice, quinoa or whole grain couscous, and roasted vegetables or large green salad.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 210 / Protein 16g / Fat 11g / Carbohydrates 5g / Sodium 90mg