Dry skin occurs when the skin does not retain enough moisture. Some common causes of dry skins include: frequent bathing, use of harmful soaps, aging, medical conditions, and cold climates that results in cold, dry winter air.
Why does winter weather make our skin dry?
During the winter months cold weather lowers the humidity in the air. The outmost layer of the skin (epidermis) tends to reflect the humidity in its surrounding, thus leaving many winter warriors with red, rough, raw, and itchy skin.
Fortunately there are many easy and inexpensive things that can be done to relieve dry skin.
- Add a few teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil to your bath
- Use a soap that contains extra virgin olive oil
- Pat or blot your body when towel drying
- Avoid wearing clothing and fabrics that might irritate your skin (e.g.. wool)
- Exfoliate and cleanse your face ingredients like honey, avocado and coconut oil (natural moisturizing ingredients)
- Moisturize with SUPER ingredients like 100% pure an natural shea butter